Monday

Raising Great Kids: Kids can Thrive in Blended Families





My family is a blended family; His, Mine, and Ours!! I found it important to love my stepchildren as if they belonged to me. And each has their own personality and way of looking at things; so keeping all of this in mind plays a big role in how to be with each one. But LOVE can be THE big factor in blending it all together. Well, it was for my family. I suppose every blended family is different.

I'll never forget the day when my youngest son was about 3 years old and had just discovered that his older brother had a different mother. He said to me with this concerned look on his face, "Are you not mommy anymore?", like I wasn't going to be his mother anylonger either. That was when I sat him down and explained everything to him. His next reply; "I WANT A STEPMOM, TOO!"

Here's an article that might be of assistance.
CLICK HERE!

No comments: