Thursday

Who are you? And how does it affect your body?




by: Julia Havey
I have to share this with you, I read it today and love it!

"Traditional dieting strategies don't work for emotional eaters
because the psychological aspects of weight management aren't fully
addressed by most plans. Most diet programs don't deal with self-
sabotage and the real reasons why we knock ourselves off track. To
achieve lasting weight management success, emotional eaters need to
go through the following four stages of change.

D - Discover: The first step is to discover our hidden emotional
obstacles and understand the food-feelings connection that makes
balanced eating so difficult. It's essential to tune in to our inner
selves before we can attempt to change our outer appearance. We need
to identify the self-defeating thoughts and attitudes, that lead us
to sabotage our success with such frustrating regularity. Discovery
is crucial because it's impossible to win the weight war until we
know who the enemy really is.

I - Invent: Once we've discovered the emotional issues and self-
defeating ways of thinking that have always stood in our way, we
need to invent a new way of managing our lives and ourselves. It's
time to break free from old habits and standard modes of operating.
This requires that we invent healthier, more nurturing ways of
thinking to combat those self-defeating tendencies.

E - Extinguish: The next step is to extinguish the old, unhealthy
ways of thinking, feeling and perceiving as we adopt our newly-
invented life plan. Healing old wounds and building new skills will
help us deal with life's troubles head on and decrease our reliance
on food.

T - Transform: Our final task is to transform our new insights,
skills and healing into a positive lifestyle that emphasizes healthy
food choices and regular exercise. After much hard work, one of my
clients got to this stage and said, "I'm at the point now where
exercising and eating right are emotionally uncomplicated. " What she
meant was that she at last felt free of her old emotional shackles
and could now make the commitment necessary for the long-term task
of successful weight management.

The D.I.E.T. Plan is a sometimes tough - but necessary - process for
those of us with emotional eating issues. Remember: Until you deal
with the issues, you can't tackle the fat."

---author unknown

I don't know who wrote this but I LOVE it nonetheless! After having
lost 130 pounds and struggling like most women to KEEP it off, I
know the issues we face first hand.

The self-discovery aspect of the weight loss journey is perhaps the
most important part. That's what my journal (part of the 26-week program) is full of--pages of self discovery! It isn't enough to say you want to lose weight,
you must get to the root of why you gained it in the first place and
what it might be doing for you. What do I mean by that? In the 10
years that I have been trying to help obese and overweight women to
get healthier, to give up their most unhealthy habits or "vices" I
have found that for many women the excess weight serves as a shield
from getting hurt--or atleast they think it is sparing them. When in
reality, the excess weight harms health, hurts self-esteem and
sometimes hinders personal growth.

It is time to reinvent yourself and your future! Extinquish poor
health and excess pounds from your life and in doing so you will
transform into the person you know you can be!

For me, my 20's found me weighing around 300 pounds. My 30's were my
thinnest years, getting down to as low as 160. My forties? Well,
after 4 failed pregnancies and more progestrone pumped into me than
the law should allow to try and do what nature didn't want me to; I
gained 25 of my hard fought pounds back--and I can tell you this; it
is harder to lose weight over 40 than at any other time in my life.
But, the good news is, it can be done! I am close to my goal, but
not there yet--but I know this much, my self-discovery has been
worth every pound--up and down and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

I like body, I love myself, I love my life. I saw a video of myself
yesterday and I am not aging the way I want! My chin? What happens
as we get older that it sort of goes from chin to neck rather than a
sculpted chin of youth? Argh! If it's not one thing, it's another!

I guess that's the good thing about self discovery and self
improvement, it never really has a finish line.

http://www.vicebustingdiet.com/

No comments: